FIRST EVENT OF THE NAVARRA WIND ENERGY SECTOR
130 companies and more than 450 people have accepted the invitation of the Department of Economic Development and Enercluster, the Energy Cluster of Navarra, to analyze strategies to strengthen the wind sector of Navarra.
The session included lectures by the CEOs of Siemens Gamesa, Markus Tacke, and Nordex Acciona, José Luis Blanco. In the afternoon, Esteban Morrás participated with a lecture entitled “Navarra, a David in Wind Energy”. Morrás, promoter of the sector in Navarra, is current honorary partner of Enercluster and general director of DAS-Nano.
Three round tables have also been organized. The first of them on “Renewable companies before the energy transition”; the second on the “Approaches for the transformation of the electricity market”; and a third on “The competitiveness of the wind industrial fabric”. The executives of the two wind divisions of the main electricity companies participated in them: the director of operations of the Iberdrola’s renewables division, Julio Castro, and the general director of Endesa’s Renewables, Rafael González.
To sum up, the impact and results achieved with the Meeting of Strengthening the Wind Sector in Navarra include:
– Combined efforts of those involved in the Government of Navarre, the Cluster companies and their structure aligned with a common goal.
– Active participation of the three CEOs of Siemens-Gamesa, Nordex-Acciona and Acciona Energía.
– Active participation of more than 15 senior managers of the main companies and entities in relation to renewable energies in Spain.
– 450 attendees, 10 media and more than 26 stories of repercussion in regional and national press.
– 10 new associates to the Wind Cluster of Navarra.
In the short term, the results of the event have been excellent in view of the summary presented and the feedback received regarding the expectations and satisfaction of the event.
In the medium term, it is expected that suppliers and the region will be strengthened. In relation to the region, this will mean that large companies remain in Navarra, maintaining and / or increasing the number of workers and their economic and social contribution. In relation to small and medium-sized companies, the success will be that they increase the added value of their products / services and that they gain a greater market share either towards the large companies installed in the region or through new contacts with national or foreign companies.